The building features an unusual cantilevered balcony.
The Gallery Inn is located on the second floor
of the Colony Administration Building, a certified historic structure. Built in 1856 by the Swedish colonists to house
offices and apartments for the Bishop Hill Colony Trustees, it is a three-story Greek Revival "L" plan structure
that features stucco over brick walls. The brick is five courses thick at the base and was made here in the Colony.
The building is a mirror image of the Colony Apartment House, next door to the west, and
is one of several original Colony buildings still in use in Bishop Hill today.